I’m always looking for an excuse to throw a get-together or just make good food with a theme so why not use the upcoming Winter Olympics as the perfect inspiration? I’m not sure yet if I’m having people over or if it’s just going to be the boyfriend but I found some great recipes that would work perfectly for a Sochi 2014 party:
1. I love making sugar cookies so how can I not include these gold medal ones from one of my favorite baking blogs, Not Your Momma’s Cookie.
2. While I didn’t make them for the holidays, I think Snowball cookies are very fitting for the Winter Olympics. Fun fact: they’re also called Russian Tea Cookies! I like this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker.
3. One more dessert before I move on to the savory stuff: Mini-Pavlovas! Named after a Russian ballet dancer, these would be perfect to bring to a Sochi 2014 party.
4. For appetizers, this Ina Garten recipe for Blini with Smoked Salmon is perfectly on theme.
5. For the main course, what about Sorted’s version of the Russian classic, Beef Stroganoff?
6. And finally I can always count on Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere for great drink ideas: