This weekend, I succumbed to the pressure of my family (my mom!) and my friends’ recommendations, in addition to all the promotions and advertising about the new season, and finally gave Orange Is The New Black a try. Needless to say, I became an instant fan and have started the second season. In my defence, I probably would’ve finished by now if not for the French Open finals. Anyways, it got me to thinking about the color orange. I own an orange dress that I love but not much else. In honor of this great show, here are some ways to incorporate the criminally colorful hue in your closet.
1. My aforementioned orange lace dress is similar to this one by J. Mendel.
2. This bright color is perfect for summer in the form of a crop top.
3. For those a little shy about rocking such a loud color, then why not start with shoes? These are Carrie Bradshaw-approved.
4. Or you can also start with a bag, like this one from Kate Spade.
5. Speaking of summer and orange, this maxi skirt can transition from beach to dinner flawlessly.
Hope everyone is enjoying the new season of Orange Is The New Black, whether you’re binge-watching or slowly savoring each episode. And when you’re done, try adding a little more orange in your life. Happy Monday!