Happy 2015 everyone! I extended my hiatus from the blog by a week since work got pretty busy with a conference last week. My sister just moved to the city to attend university at my alma mater, Glendon College. We helped her get set up in residence and it got me to thinking of new beginnings and getting ready for the year to come. Here are a few of things to start off 2015 the right way:
1. I have been eyeing this agenda for awhile. I love the look and the fact that it has space for all the books you wanna read, the movies you wanna watch, and restaurants to try.
2. Redecorating our apartment is on our to-do list this year, so maybe I can find a place for this print.
3. The perfect winter-to-spring beauty set.
4. How can you argue with this mug‘s message?
5. The perfect gift to yourself: this classic tote bag.
Happy Monday! This week will be the last full week of regularly scheduled blog posts. I’m leaving for Montreal on Saturday and will be back in Toronto to ring in the New Year. Speaking of 2015, here are some dresses I’m eyeing:
1. This would be my dream dress if I had fancy plans for New Year’s Eve
2. I have a similar dress in navy that I wouldn’t be opposed to wearing
3. You can never go wrong with sequins
4. This is a practical choice for the Toronto winter
5. Something short, something bright, something hot. Perfect.
December is upon us and before you know it, it’ll be Christmas. I like to get my holiday shopping done as early as possible. So like last year, I’m doing gift guides the three things this blog focuses on for the most part, fashion, food and fandom. Here’s the first in the series:
1. Luxe but useful gloves
2. Everyone always needs a scarf. This would be good for men & women.
3. Something sparkly
4. Sturdy but stylish
5. A festive tie
6. Classic wallet
Just as fast as November came, so too did winter. The day after Halloween, parts of Toronto experienced snow. While it didn’t really last on the ground, the cold did and still does. It’s officially time to bundle up everyone! Here are a few things to help you transition with ease:
1. A soft scarf in a bright color!
2. Extra-warm socks
3. A cute hat you don’t mind getting hat heir from
4. Winter-proof boots
5. Sweet able-knit gloves with a hint of tough leather
It seems like Toronto never really got its summer this year but I’ve still been wearing shorts, skirts and dresses the past few weeks so I didn’t mind. This past weekend though is the first time I’ve had to don a jacket when going outside. It seems like fall is officially here. So without further ado, here are my picks based on the latest trends from NYFW.
1. Lace is definitely in for fall.
2. Designers were all over the sixties so this dress is on point.
3. Good news for pink lovers, the color is big this season.
4. Another good coat option is leopard print, a pattern that was seen a lot on the runways.
5. The trend I’m probably most excited about is the comfy knitwear.
6. Apparently kitsch is in which is good news for us cute sweater lovers.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but July is coming to an end. It feels like summer just got here, or a version of summer that’s been super rainy. Please let the sun come out this weekend, Mother Nature! Coming from the Philippines, I will never get used to how short summers are in Canada. But I guess it just makes us appreciate them all the more. Don’t start shopping for your fall wardrobe just yet. Let’s keep the summer spirit going on a bit longer. Whether you’re staying in the city or driving to the cottage, here’s to enjoying the long weekend:
1. Forever 21 Romper
2. Ray-Ban Aviators
3. Stila Makeup Set
4. Kate Spade Idiom Bangle
5. Deena & Ozzy Sandals
Happy Monday, remember it’s a short week!
Tomorrow is Canada Day! Yeah I know, it’s on a Tuesday, how weird. Now, Canada may not be in the World Cup but there’s still plenty of reasons why we should celebrate being a Canadian. I won’t be doing a post tomorrow since I’ll be busy BBQing and watching the World Cup matches. But here’s a few ideas on incorporating a few patriotic items into your wardrobe.
Three red and white pieces perfect for summer:
1. Linen tee
2. Maxi dress
3. Tunic tee
Shoes & Scarf:
4. Striped shoes
5. CBC silk scarf
Hope everyone has a great and safe Canada Day!